Bookings are open for the Right of Reply – Indigenous Rights in Data & Collections Symposium, which will be held on Friday 18 October 2019, 9 to 5 pm National Centre for Indigenous Excellence in Redfern.
This one-day symposium will focus on the importance of Indigenous rights in data and collections & the importance of the Right of Reply in relation to Indigenous self-determination and national truth-telling efforts. The afternoon will include a roundtable discussion to discuss where the ‘Right of Reply’ fits into the FAIR data principles.
Some of the confirmed speakers are:
- Acting Associate Professor Jennifer O’Neal, University of Oregon, USA
- Angie Abdilla, Old Ways, New
- Keir Winesmith, Old Ways, New
- Kirsten Thorpe, University of Technology Sydney
- Associate Professor Pauline Clague, University of Technology Sydney
- Nathan Sentance, Australian Museum
- Dr Shannon Faulkhead, Melbourne Museum
- Marcus Hughes, Museum of Arts and Applied Sciences (MAAS)
- Tasha James, National Film and Sound Archive
- Charlotte Moar and Duncan Loxton, ATSIDA