The Connect Sydney program offers free skills and capacity building opportunities for community, not-for-profit, charitable and other social purpose organisations (including social enterprises and co-operatives) that operate in or service the City of Sydney’s local area.
It is partly funded by the Department of Communities and Justice under the Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) program.
This training workshop series is for staff, volunteers and committee/board members of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people at other organisations that support and provide services to children, young people, families and community experiencing or at risk of vulnerability within the City of Sydney local area.
The workshops will be facilitated by Burbangana Group, a 100% Aboriginal owned company.
- Outcomes focused program planning and evaluation: this includes the principles that underpin successful program development in Aboriginal communities including planning program logic and evaluation.
- Grant writing and fundraising: this 2 day workshop will help you research, plan and write grants and learn how to develop a fundraising strategy including online and in-person events.
- Governance training will give an overview of governance including First Nations governance as well as the legal requirements and benefits of good governance.
- Board development will cover the governance models, the roles of the board, board member duties and the influences of leadership and the organisational culture.
The workshops are free and online. Registration is essential and limited capacity.
- Wednesday 25 May 9.30am-2.20 Outcomes focused program planning and evaluation
- Wednesday 1 June and Wednesday 8 June 9.30am-2.20pm Grant writing and fundraising
Please note that the grant writing and fundraising workshop has been split into 2 days however registration is for both.
- Thursday 16 June 9.30am-2.20pm governance training
- Wednesday 29 June 9.30am-2.20pm board development for community organisations
Please book for each workshop separately via the links above.
The City of Sydney aims to deliver inclusive and accessible training sessions for all participants. If you have any access or communication needs, please contact Vicky Skarlatos, Social Programs Officer, at 02 9265 9333 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.